لماذا ألعب دون ظهور الشخصية ألتي ألعب بها
Heraclos and the quest he never asked for
Did you wake up this morning with the irresistible desire to fulfil a quest?
Well, neither did Heraclos.
Help him to survive and accomplish his destiny. Explore the gods’ domain while using their powers. And climb the sacred mountain to become a true hero.
Heraclos is an adventure video game made in WebGL, our final project at Gobelins school of Image. (in 3 months).
Maud Butin - Art Director, Illustrator, Scenarist, Copywriter
Alexandre Delalleau - Lead 3D Generalist, Level Designer, Motion Designer, UI Designer
Lovis Odin - 3D Generalist, Level Designer, Game Designer, UX Designer
Patrick Heng - Creative Developer, Game Designer, Motion Designer, UX Designer
Fabien Motte - Creative Developer, Game Designer, Motion Designer, UX Designer
Louis Gabriel Gonzalez - Original Soundtracks,Lead Sound Designer
Antoine Fleury - 2D video animator
|Made with||Blender, Substance Painter & designer|
|Tags||3D, quest, webgl|
|Average session||About a half-hour|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Mouse, Gamepad (any)|
|Links||Online game, Maud Butin, Alexandre Delalleau, Lovis Odin, Patrick Heng, Fabien Motte|
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Wonderful! loved the game!!
I loved the game and was wondering if there is anywhere to download/listen to the title screen song I love it!
Thank you very much for all your comments and feedbacks! We are so glad you liked our game. We tried to fix as much bugs as we can but they are still some we couldn't reproduce... However because it was a small school project and we all do something else now, there will be no further updates in the future. But all your feedbacks will be absolutely helpful for our futur projects, so thank you so much for taking the time to post them!
Also, we are in love with all your Let's Play, a huge thanks to all the players ♥
See you soon!
Can someone explain will this game doesn't run properly on my PC, I don't get, I have a 7th generation i5 processor + a Nvidia GTX 1050.
Do you have a proper internet connection? Because it's on browser, even if your setup is awesome the game will not run properly if internet doesn't follow (I know, i'm pretty obvious here). Otherwise I don't know, the game was working on every (pretty good) PC we tried...
beautiful art, with great funny story, i liked it, good work funny game,
there were few bugs itw as very nice overall.
Ehh... what happen? I play through the game without seeing the main character at all. I can only see his shadow.
Is this a game about astral walking?
Well because it's a game about a guy who enter the Gods' domain which he usually souldn't cross, it would be highly metaphoric that we can't see him... But no, it's a bug, I'm really sorry. We didn't find how to reproduce it to fix it... Plus that's a shame you couldn't see Heraclos, he's an handsome man.
Cool looking game, and I enjoyed the music. The most broken thing about this game is the jumping mechanic. Probably need to make it more like a jump and not a hover. Maybe add in different types of enemies or even some secret areas. Might wanna make the lightning section more than just spamming "e". The walking speed is kinda slow. There's also a glitch that can launch you into the sky if you drop the giant boulder on Herclos and put you over the map if done right. Otherwise, cool game and hope it gets updated.
One of the designer wanted a flying GodMode but because we ran out of time we just made a discount flying-jump... No, i'm kidding. We are aware that the jump is weird, several people noticed it. It's a bit better with a gamepad but it's something to fix anyway. Thank you for your comments, it's helpful!
Dude, you legit made my day from this game. Like it is the most hilarious game I have ever played!!!
These Let's Play make us SO HAPPY!! Really, we are all smiling from ear to ear when we are watching those! So thank you very much ♥
Sorry I dont like the game play.
1- when you jump you jump like flying
2- when you go it feels you going on the air
Yeah it's a feeling shared by several people... It's a bit better when you play with a gamepad instead of a keyboard/mouse but that's for sure something to improve anyway. Thank you for your feedback!
Nice looking game. I don't like the story .
It's ok, we are aware that it's not a conventional scenario :) Glad you like the graphics tho!
Great idea & pretty cool game with sweet visual presentation and sound track! Brief and funny plot that puts us right into the action. Character design that fits the humorous situation.
I loved the UI and the main menu as well.
Now for some tough loving.. nothing personal but I think you can even make this game much better with a few tweaks.
The picky stuff:
- Having no vertical camera control made it difficult to enjoy the work done on the larger statues and any elevated scenery for that matter.
- Lightning build up is too fast in comparison to Heraclos' speed and the hit radius is kinda large making it feel a bit like a cheat death. If you're showering the area with lightning then you gotta give the player the chance to avoid it by running and not only using powers.
- The control scheme in the menu and the actual are contradictory. E & Q actions are switched in the menu.
- Levels are already open in the level select before even starting a new game. Not sure if it's intentional.
- (This one's subjective I admit) Walking option is unnecessary because the running speed is already not that fast. Players would most likely choose to walk to take in the surroundings, however the game honestly doesn't offer much to look at while the camera is vertically locked.
- Checkpoints aren't clear. During the second level I assumed they're located at the big 'gates' as they triggered when I passed under them, but then I passed a similar gate and no checkpoint was triggered. They don't have to be just before or after immediate danger zones because (1) this creates inconsistency and (2) Players will easily use this as hint that "something is going to happen now!" - you lose any element of surprise.
- Level transitions: It felt really weird to me at the end of the first level that going through a desert and into a ruin, lifting a rock and passing through would somehow put directly into the Underworld, which is usually 'under' the rest of the world. The start of the last level you put a stairway leading up to God, so perhaps consider a stairway leading down from the ruins to the Underworld.. or better yet falling through some pit! Same concept going from Underworld to the foot of the Mountain - actually I haven't an idea why he had to go through the underworld in the first place, seems like choosing the harder road for no apparent reason.
- More particle effects would go so far with this game about gods and heavenly powers! The rock lifting ability could look amazing with some particle effects of aura or energy streams flowing from within Heraclos, flying in the air and surrounding the rock. The rocks gathering together to make a platform could have little particles of stone/dirt falling off their bottom to show they were freshly dug out from nearby ground somewhere. The dash could have a powerful sound effect and lightning coming off the shoes of Heraclos or dirt flying under his feet.
The jump mechanic! The main mechanic that the entire game revolves around is unfortunately very flawed. It was kinda fun though!
The time between pressing the button and the action is too long, which makes the controls feel sluggish. It's fine for running around but for platforming, jumps should have split-second response!
I found out very early that any wall with a slight tilt (not 100% vertical) can be scaled, or hovered over, with the jump. Even if that wall was apparently a 100 meters high I would still jump over it if it was slightly tilted. So basically I went around most of the sentry laser turrets by just jumping on top of the nearest boundary wall and walking around them to the other side. I didn't even have to go through the maze on the second level! I just went up the first outer wall to the side and went around it till by chance I triggered the powerup collect and finished the level. Level 3 I went from the start directly to the end by again jumping over one edge wall and voila! a shortcut!!
In some cases I could hover in the air for a good while as long as I'm right next to a wall.
Long story short, the jump mechanic being the main game mechanic needs some good adjustment.
I hope this was in any way helpful to you guys. Keep on at it, you're doing great!
Hi Shenawy, thank you SO MUCH for taking the time to do this huge review! To be honest we planned some of your points during the game conception but we finally ran out of time to do all our list. Some others are forced by the technology we used (WebGL and not Unity). But most of your comments are really interesting! None of us has a game designer training so it's fascinating to have professional feedbacks. We won't improve Heraclos further because it was a school project and we all do other things now, but all your comments will be definitely useful for our futur projects! So thank you very very much for detailing all of this!
Jeu très joli et agréable à jouer ! J'espère qu'on pourra bientôt le télécharger et y jouer sans connexion internet ! :D
Merci Koopadus ! Je ne pense pas que nous le mettrons à disposition en téléchargement, le défi pour nous était avant tout de faire un jeu en WebGL jouable entièrement sur navigateur... Et puis il est vraiment court, pas sûr que ça vaille le coup de l'installer sur son ordi !
I'm not sure why, but it's pretty unplayable for me - maybe it's playing with a keyboard? Can't move the camera, Heraclos moves at the pace of a very heavy snail, and on top of it all, I got a glitch where Heraclos either moved a rock in the second area (the one right after that first portal) that blinked out of existence, or it didn't exist in the first place, or possibly just stopped responding to the command. My internet connection is fine and my laptop is running smooth as silk without issue, so I don't think it's on my end....no idea what I did wrong.
if you are using linux, it might be an issue with the framerate, if so you can solve this by simply adding "vblank_mode=0" without quotes before your browser command in the terminal
Ex: "vblank_mode=0 firefox"
Good job. I like it!
A great game with great visuals! I loved the ending! :)
A really awesome experience! I also loved the fitting and humor twist at the end :) this is really great! Like the others I just wish there was a little more to each level. I think that one level before the sacred mountain where you have to use all three powers (some together) in order to beat the level. Overall I really loved the humor, and I busted up laughing when the God gave Heraclos the middle finger!!
Yeah it was the plan at the beginning (Ending levels bosses whom have to be defeated combining your powers) buuut... We didn't have time to develop this part. However, we are very happy that you like our game, thank you for your feedback!
I don't know if this is a bug or if its my cruddy computer but I cannot see Heraclos in low quality
Hi ! What is your browser and his version ? :)
This is hands down equally as funny as some stand up comedy. I loved absolutely every aspect of the game, from the fantastic music of the title screen to the ironic and fitting end to this tale in the cut scenes. Never in my life have a played a game with such outright humor. The environments were relaxed and easy to adapt to, while the in-game dialogue was consistently satisfying. All of the water, fog, and atmosphere was overall really smooth. This really has the makings of a great game, I am sad it was such a short experience, but value it at what it was. This is a really great indie game, with a personal twist of mythological vulgarity. In perspective, I find it really interesting how the god-figure is perceived as a total loser himself. Considering the Greek figures were never truly "right" in all of their actions. This is a wonderful parody of the classical writings of Homer. I can see this coming from students' mind being bored with a history credit, and turning it into something artistic, hilarious, and wonderful. I love this game and I wish there was more!
Wow, thank you for this feedback. We are so happy to hear this about our game! Thanks a lot for your video too ♥